I am a missionary to the church of Laodicea
This ministry is a missionary outreach to the present-day church of Laodicea. The forces of the enemy have deluded many to think they are in good shape. Nothing is farther from the truth. Much of the church is in a complete state of apostasy. Many so-called professional “ministers” turned the church into anyone’s whore for a dollar. The Holy Ghost has placed in my heart the burden of the word of the Lord to proclaim, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me,” (Rev 3:20).
I will preach the 3S Message — Salvation, Sanctification, and Service
Salvation – Preach salvation first, foremost, and forever
The church has one main function in this world. Preach the soul-saving gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world. It is a ploy of the devil to move our attention to things like style, arts, causes, or politics. ALL functions of the church are only in support of saved souls. We are a failed and apostate church if we lose our single-minded drive to see people saved.
- 1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
- Act 17:2-3 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, (3) Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.
Sanctification – Preach salvation is more than words. Actions matter.
Christianity is more than words. We must be visibly different than the world around us. Many ministries have turned their back on godliness and righteous living. Churches have endorsed and accepted drinking, gambling, pornography, adultery, fornication, lying, hatred, bigotry, and unseemliness for political expediency. Many have destroyed their testimony in the eyes of our children and the world around us. That was the devil’s plan all along. Bitter tears will be wept at the judgement seat when souls that were needlessly lost are cast into Hell because we looked no different than the world. Our words have no weight if we do not the truth.
- 2Co 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? (15) And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? (16) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, (18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Service – Preach and personally demonstrate love is an action.
We are the only Jesus that the world can see. We must be an expression of His love in the world. The goal is to win them to the Lord. We are not ushering in the kingdom of God by changing the world one piece at a time. Jesus is coming back to setup the kingdom. The mission of the church is not to change the earthly politics or culture to realize an incremental second coming. The bible is plain that there will be an instantaneous second coming. We are only demonstrating the love of God so that we may win some to Christ and our compassion compels us to act.
- James 2:15-16 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, (16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
I will stand against the 3P Message — Politics, Prosperity, and Performance
Politics – No place for politics in the Church
Christians have a responsibility to vote, voice opinions, volunteer, donate, pay taxes, and intelligently investigate important civic matters. We should live up to all our civic responsibilities unless those responsibilities directly contradict an obligation to God. However, all of that must be outside the church doors and must be far removed from the pulpit. God would have all of us to know that we must follow the example left by Jesus and the Apostles if we claim a New Testament biblical ministry. We see no debate between the Publican and Zealot. There are no examples in the New Testament of Jesus or the Apostles trying to affect any political change in their many dealings with political officials of their day. They lived in a world of abortions, social injustice, and unnecessary wars. Their world had more gross social injustice than our modern world. Slaves were raped and killed on a whim. Late-term abortions? Their world allowed exposing live unwanted babies to the elements. Yet, not one example of political activity in the New Testament (Note: any reference to the Old Testament would require us to live under the divine right of kings for it to be exegetically sound).
We must understand our calling. The “Religion of the Yellow Stick” only lasts while you are monitoring and it does not change where folks spend eternity (The Religion of the Yellow Stick was named when native Scots were being driven to church by beatings with the priest’s yellow walking stick). Souls go to hell if we alienate them to force certain behavior. Our job is to preach the gospel and see folks born again. The new birth is the thing that changes them. Not our domination of the political arena.
- John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Prosperity – Calvary is not a cash machine
The evangelical church, especially some broadcast ministries, have completely twisted Christianity. Rice Christians and bread-and-loaf disciples are only faithful while they have a physical need. They church should minister when it can to needs of its members and the community. However, the correct goal is always to win the soul for God. Also, God does supply needs sometimes miraculously. However, the folks in the New Testament usually only had one coat, no indoor plumbing, no personal transportation other than foot, no refrigerator, and no 401-k. The bible is clear that most in the early church were poorer than their neighbors.
Not one instance of Jesus, or the apostles, selling a thousand-dollar seed-faith for some debt reversal. No flying into town on a personal jet. No one selling magic holy oil or righteous rain water to the gullible in the Bible. The message and goal was simple – you are lost, Jesus came to save you, accept Him and believe for a newness of life.
God has not called me to preach against professional ministers or giving to the church or compassion ministries. There are places that require ministers to be paid because their job is a full-time job. These folks should make what the average person makes in their congregation. They should not starve or do without health insurance to serve God nor should they live like kings. Moreover, churches and ministries have bills and should also have the resources to minister to the needs of their clients. However, God would have us to know that there is a place in His work for an Amos or a Paul. Someone that will work a secular job and fund their ministry without ever asking or accepting a dime. Crooks have poisoned public opinion so much that an Amos or Paul may be the only one that can get the Gospel message to some folks.
- Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
- John 6:26-27 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. (27) Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
- James 2:5-6 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? (6) But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
Performance – A good floor show is no substitute for the Gospel
Churches have watered down their services. Motivational talks replace preaching. Handshakes and card signings replace alter calls. Danish rolls replace Holy Ghost conviction. Slick homogeneous music replaces organic music sung from the heart with some local flair. Churches in all the denominations are creating a homogeneous seeker-friendly experience modeled from a few mega-churches. God did not call us to change the music tastes of the world. Churches should have their own local flair. The word “virture” in Philippians 4:8 is the Greek word areste. It carries the concept of fulfilling a function instead of being a particular flavor. It is specifically not tied to style nor is it tied to precision of execution. It is tied to function. Yet, there is a drive for churches to be a cookie cutter of some mega-church. There should be enough variety that everyone should find a church that fits their tastes.
- 1Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
- Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
We do not accept donations, but your prayers are appreciated.
The Gospel Mailbox
Phone: (423) 355-3859
Snail Mail: The Gospel Mailbox
PO Box 2446
Chattanooga TN 37409